16 Jan News – Daily Courier
Winery prez new Greater Westside Board of Trade Chair
Bobby Gidda, president of Volcanic Hills Winery, is the new chairman of the Greater Westside Board of Trade.
Last year, Gidda was a director and co-chair.
However, at Thursday’s board of trade annual general meeting at the Holiday Inn West Kelowna, Gidda was elected the sole chair.
“We will continue to build better member connections to encourage members to go to other members first when they are looking for products or services,” said Gidda.
“We also want to communicate the value of being a member of the board of trade.”
Craig Garries, the owner of PostNet West Kelowna, was elected vice-chairman.
“We want to be the go-to resource for Westside businesses so they can connect with the right people and make their businesses better in more ways than just improving their bottom line,” he said.
The rest of the 2018 board is made up of:
– second vice-chair: Brett Wike, BDO Accountants and Consultants
– treasurer: Sarah Sabo, Aries Accounting
– secretary: Gord Milsom, IPC Investments
– Calvin Barr, Ever-Clear Window Cleaning
– Debbie Dupasquier, Distinctly Kelowna Tours
– Amber Hall, Telus
– Ray Kandola, City Furniture & Appliances
– Sara Lusier, Royal LePage realtor
– Ed Stephens, Kelowna International Airport